Jack West, has left a large mark on the Sarasota landscape. Best known for designing the Sarasota city hall, Jack West began his path with the Sarasota School of Architecture when he worked with the Paul Rudolph-Ralph Twitchell partnership.
Jack West opened his own studio in 1951. Jack West continued to work for a time with Ralph Twitchell. Other important early works included Nokomis Beach Plaza for Sarasota County. Later Jack West partnered with engineer Al Conyers. The new firm titled, West and Conyers was a leader in the local architectural design industry from 1966 to the 1990s.
Jack has been noted for using landscaping within his work as well as incorporating sculptures.